Thursday, 14 January 2016

Spellings & HWK 15.1.16

Hello everyone!

Here are the spellings for this week. Please ensure that you are practising the spellings with your child as often as possible.

Phonics Group                Group 1 & 2                         Group 3
tree                                  Monday                                enjoy
old                                   Tuesday                                enjoyment
off                                   Wednesday                           merry
have                                 Thursday                              merriment
day                                   Friday                                  courage
                                         Saturday                              encourage
                                         Sunday                                 possible
                                                                                      impossible

I have to apologise for making two mistakes on last week's Numeracy homework. I had put the wrong operation sign therefore for the last sum on both the green and yellow pepper columns did not make sense with the method I had taught. Apologies!

The homework for this week is:
1. Reading comprehension. Some children will get phonics reading and others will get comprehension based on a text. You are welcome to read the text with your child however try and encourage them to answer the questions independently.

2. Times tables practise. I will be sending home a race track game for you to do with your children. This can be a timed fun activity; how long does it take to reach the finish line? In this game the children can choose the times table they wish to do. Please put the times table you have done in the centre of the race track. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment